This forum is dedicated to the love and discussion of Japanese Gyaru fashion, beauty, and lifestyle.

HomeBlogLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CherryBB

CherryBB

Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone but for the life of me I do not see how this is attractive. The clothes are kinda cool but the make-up.. WTF!! I dont get the whole dark face with white make-up thing..la...nooo. LoL

Yah does anyone else agree?? Or is there something Im not seeing you are ? O_o LoL
Back to top Go down
Caami

Caami

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm

hahahah Ok...
I see why you hate ( i don't blame you, or judge you) but, for the same reason i like it! HAHAH I wouldn't wear but there's a reason why the make up is like that. When i see a mamba or a ganguro I see a complety unique person.
Ganguro and yamambas were soo popular 10 years ago, 20 years ago actually. This time, the idea of gyaru was : be different than the others japonese, get away of the tradional japonese costumes. So gyaru were veery extreme! Yamambas are more extreme than ganguro, more black skin, more white make up, and really poor gals ( going away of the black hair, white skin, no make up and small asian eyes)... There's a culture related to the extreme gyaru styles. J-mags have made a complete article with their models wearing mamba and ganguro styles just because they want these sub styles to come back! For the first gyaru ideas to come back.. All that personality is lost since the mamba and ganguro lost their popularity.
I wouldn't do that crazy make up on my face, but shows the idea of gyaru fashion which everyone forgot btw. Is not about being kawaii, and have big eyes, is about personality!!

Ganguro are ugly, gyaru today are prettier ( and i love today's gals! hahaha), but i understand the idea of ganguro and yamanba fashion ^^[ WALL OF TEXT SORRY D: ]
Back to top Go down
http://ordinarythingsareboring.blogspot.com/
sweetfashdoll

sweetfashdoll

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:11 am

For me ganguro look is kinda similar to African-American look or whatsoever because of dark skin and bleached hair. Just like Beyonce, Mariah etc. (western fashion).

Japanese gals just want to try alternative fashion because they have pale and dark colored hair (mostly black or brown) and they want to try out some look contradiction to their traditional concept of beauty.

I think It's not really hard to follow a ganguro look especially when you're born with a pale skin. Japanese Gals just want to look different and have tanned skin and bleached hair. I guess, you will understand this if you're born black and wants a whiter skin right? for them, they feel more prettier when their skin is darker from the usual one.

Well, It's our own choice what kind of look we'll follow. There are lots of different subcategories of gyaru out there. Which one do you follow?
Back to top Go down
http://thesweetestfashiondoll.tumblr.com/
CherryBB

CherryBB

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh so it is pretentious! LoL I am joking. Yah it is interesting and if girls wanna dress like that by all means let them. I kinda like looking at the pics but I would never NEVER try it for real. I guess on reason I don't really like it becuz I would never change my skin color that dramatically, darker or lighter. But to each is own, la, definitely....

My fav styles are the mainstream look (gal?? idk like tsbuasa 2011) and lolita, hime
Back to top Go down
Caami

Caami

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:51 pm

I wouldn't use it too lol! but i understand.. When i first started on gyaru fashion ( august LOL) some people said that i couldn't be a gal 'cause i'm drak by nature, they called me some very bad things.. Well, i understand what is like to want to be someone else... But was only that time, i love my skin tone, I got my tan all year because it, so.. their problems not mine. lol!

Yeah... 70% or more of the gaijin gals like the liz lisa thing. It's cute, i don't blame you! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ordinarythingsareboring.blogspot.com/
lilith scarlette

lilith scarlette

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

I would never even think about trying Ganguro style,I just dont like it,so yeah I agree hehehe, and I dont think I could pull it off...BTW Caamie, I love your skin tone, whats wrong with people these days? So rude and mean Mad
Back to top Go down
pinky

pinky

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am

its not my fav but i think i would prob try the style but i wouldnt go out like it unless i was in a group of people that dressed the same flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??   Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone like ☆Ganguro☆ look??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gyaru Fashion :: Beauty-
Jump to: